Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chef is sick, no cooking today...

I have been battling a bug for a few days now and I thought the worst was over when I got up this morning... I had energy! It was awesome. I was still feeling a bit congested so I went to the store before work and picked up some more medicine and a few things to eat for the day...

Lunch did not go as planned...

Mid-morning, I could tell I should probably be back in bed, but as I have a lot of work to catch up on after the last couple of days, I couldn't go home. I'd have to tough it out...

Lunch was spent taking a snooze in my car. Then, after I woke up and had to go back to work, I decided that my spicy noodle soup was not going to be on the menu... Glad I picked up some rice bowls at the store this morning. Plain jasmine rice was about all I could stomach...

After the rice, I had to go get some ginger ale to help calm my angry stomach...



I'm now snacking on Blue Diamond Nut Thins and praying they work even a little bit as well as saltines... (and I don't care how congested I feel, I am not taking any more liquid Mucinex)

It's on days like today that I wish I could eat saltines or regular white bread (plain white toast always cured my stomach aches)... I also wish that Rolaids were still on the market... They work so much better for me than Tums...

So, what are your go-to foods for when you are under the weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment